Maui Breastfeeding Support – Natalie Marcus, RN, BSN, IBCLC
Breastfeeding help that comes right to your doorstep, based from Lahaina, HI.
As natural as breastfeeding is, it can sometimes take a while to become second nature. A lot of moms run into breastfeeding problems and without support, this may lead to early weaning. Maui Breastfeeding Support is here to break down the barriers and help you to have a successful and gratifying breastfeeding experience. I will be by your side with your breastfeeding triumphs as well as challenges.
Did you know….
“It has been calculated that more than 900 infant lives per year may be saved in the United States if 90% of mothers exclusively breastfed for 6 months”
Breastfeeding benefits more than just your baby!
• Breastmilk is the perfect nutrition for your baby. In fact, for the first 6 months, most babies do not need anything besides breastmilk to grow strong and healthy
• Breastfed children have decreased risks of infection, diabetes, certain childhood cancers, allergies, eczema, asthma, and Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)
• Breastmilk contains not only all the nutrients that your baby needs, but also growth factors, hormones, and antimicrobial factors to protect your baby from germs and illness.
• Breastmilk is always the right temperature
• It is always available
• It is perfectly composed and easy for your baby to digest
• Breastfeeding promotes mothering instincts
• Helps your body to recover from pregnancy and delivery and helps you to lose extra baby weight
• Decreases your risk of ovarian and breast cancers
• Helps to keep your bones strong and prevent osteoporosis
• Breastfeeding can save $1500-$3000 in your baby’s first year of life from not having to purchase formula and bottle feeding supplies
• Breastfed babies are less likely to become sick which means parents are less likely to miss work due to taking care of a sick child
• Money is saved on medical bills from doctors visits and possible hospitalization of sick children
• Less dishes to clean at home from bottle feeding
• Breastfeeding is green!
• No packaging and no extra waste going into our landfills
• Breastmilk is the most natural food source available to humans